Our Green Code
Our commitment to the local community and welfare programmes
- Create employment opportunities for the local community.
- Promote local products.
- Use local products and suppliers wherever possible.
- Encourage and provide financial support, where possible, for economic, social and environmental projects that will benefit local communities.
- Contribute to programmes that aim to improve the quality of education in local schools and vocational institutes
- Contribute towards better health facilities available to local communities
- Contribute towards the programmes that aim to improve public utilities
- Contribute towards improvement in housing of local communities
- Involve local communities in decisions that affect their lives
Reviving the traditional cultural heritage of the region
- Promote local cuisine
- Contribute towards the restoration of local heritage structures
- Promote usage of local architecture and raw material for construction
- Promote local arts, crafts and cultural programmes
- Encourage the local community to take pride in their culture and heritage
Restoring the natural ecological balance of the destination
- Plant only local trees and plants within and in the neighbourhood of our resorts
- Promote only local fauna within and in the neighbourhood of our resorts
- Ensure that all landscaping is in sync with local terrain
- Participate and encourage re-forestation schemes and preservation/revival of local water bodies
- Use organic manure / fertilizers on the property
- Actively participate in local conservation programmes
Minimizing negative impact on the environment
|Water||:||Minimize consumption, recycle waste water and use it appropriately|
|Energy||:||Minimize energy consumption and use alternate energy sources wherever possible|
|Sound Pollution||:||Minimize noise levels within and around the property|
|Air Pollution||:||Minimize air pollution|
|Light Pollution||:||We will strive to use efficient systems of public lighting so as not to disturb nocturnal wildlife|
|Plastics||:||Minimize the use of plastics|
|Waste Management||:||Minimize waste and implement effective waste management systems|
|Paper||:||Reduce use of paper in our operations and promote the use of recycled paper|
Fair trade practices
- Ensure that all employees are paid fair wages
- Ensure, where possible, that products used are not made by child or bonded labour
- That suppliers are paid a fair price for their products and services
- Educate our guests and staff about responsible tourism and sensitize them about the local customs, culture and environment.
- Educate all stakeholders on the responsible tourism policy of the brand and initiatives that we have undertaken to achieve its goals.